- What is assistive technology?
There is a range of hugely beneficial software out there, to support your day to day work.
They can help in many ways such as:
- Reading documents out to you - Read and Write Gold
- Allowing you to dictate instead of write reports etc – Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Helping you plan work with mind maps – MindView
- Example for Zoomtext
- Example for Text help
- How do I know what software will help me?
Your HR or Occupational Health department will be able to help. They might recommend that you have a Workplace Needs Assessment which will review your needs in context with your main work tasks.
Access to Work provide a basis assessment or ask Genius Within to conduct a more detailed assessment.
- Is there any training?
Yes! Each software package has the option of training. These are usually split over half day sessions depending on the package.
This training will take place at your workplace, with an accredited trainer.
- Will this happen before my coaching?
Most clients choose to have this training before starting their coaching, but this is totally up to you!
- Will there be any support after?
Depending on your technology package, there is often a 12 months technical support included free of charge.
- What next?
For more information please call the office on 0845 47 47 945